Resolution Process


Enrolling students will receive the Mills College Resolution Process information upon reviewing, signing and acknowledging the contents of the Mills College Enrollment Agreement. In addition, the information about the Resolution Process will appear in the Mills College Catalog which is online and is the official source of information for students.

Mills College Resolution Process

Mills College is committed to providing a valued learning experience for our students and we appreciate the opportunity to enhance that experience. Should an issue be brought to our attention, Mills will take appropriate action to seek resolution.  Students are encouraged to pursue our internal resolution process for any complaints before contacting external state sources for resolution.

Mills students are encouraged to first speak to their faculty member or program Dean if they have an academic issue. If an issue cannot be resolved at that level, a student may contact the academic department for information on how to proceed. Please see the Grievance Policy.

Mills College expects students to recognize the strength of personal differences while respecting institutional values. Students are encouraged to think and act for themselves; however, they must do so in a manner consistent with the Community Standards and the following Honor Code. Student complaints regarding Honor Code or Community standard violations are encouraged to contact the following:

Students Grievance Officer

Chicora Martin
Vice President of Student Life and Dean of Students
Division of Student Life

If an issue submitted to Mills College by a student is unresolved and involves a complaint arising under State laws, the student may contact the BPPE at:

Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Telephone: 916.431.6959
FAX: 916.263.1897

Other Resolution Options

Students have the right to contact higher education regulatory agencies or an accrediting agency contacts for specific issues.

Mills is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.  Questions about Mills compliance with criteria for accreditation can be directed to:  

For students with consumer inquiries, please contact:

Kamala Green
Chief HR, EEO and Compliance Officer
Employee Services
Sage Hall Rm 126

*Consumer resolution records are maintained in the Employee Services Office by the Legal, Insurance and Benefits Coordinator.

For students who are residents of states outside of California, consumer inquiries also may be directed to the following consumer protection agencies.

Consumer Protection Agencies


Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education
Address: 2535 Capitol Oaks Drive, Suite 400
Sacramento, CA 95833
Phone: 916.431.6959


Illinois Board of Higher Education
Address: 431 East Adams Street, Second Floor
Springfield, IL 62701
Phone: 217.782.2551


Commission of Postsecondary Education
Address: 8778 South Maryland Parkway Suite 115
Las Vegas, Nevada  89123
Phone: 702.486.7330


Oregon Student Assistance Commission, Office of Degree Authorization
Address: 1500 Valley River Drive, Suite 100,
Eugene, OR 97401
Phone: 800.452.8807


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Academic Affairs and Research
Address: 1200 E. Anderson Lane, Austin, TX 78752 - P.O. Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711-2788
Phone: 512.427.6101


Utah Division of Consumer Protection
Address: 160 East 300 South, 2nd Floor
PO Box 146704
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-6704
Phone: 801.530.6601
Complaint Form:


Washington State Office of the Attorney General
Address: 1125 Washington St SE
P.O. Box 40100
Olympia, WA 98504-0100
Phone: 360.753.6200